Friday, July 18, 2003

I’m feeling very happy today. I’ve got that pie feeling. Oh, wait, I’ve never tried to explain that “pie feeling” here have I? Well, let’s see...I never do a good job explaining just what this feeling is...so let me think a minute...



Picture a crisp fall day. Not too cold, just cool enough for a nice oversized cable knit fisherman’s sweater. The leaves are multicolored and fall to the sidewalk; they rustle when you walk through them. You live in an old Victorian house along a tree lined street. The house is warm and cozy. It smells like apple PIE when you walk in. That’s one type of pie feeling. It’s the same one I feel when watching The Cosby Show; don’t ask me, it’s just there. My pie feeling has to do with feeling content, happy...just feeling like I’m “home” in my life. And that’s how I’m feeling today.



I have reasons that I could be unhappy for today, who doesn’t. But I’m feeling that the reasons to be happy far outweigh any others. Life is mmm, mmm good! I guess, though, that all my happy feelings are tentative, I’m waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop. I think something has to happen to jerk me out of my happy reverie. I’ve always felt this way. But for some reason lately I feel I’m becoming more at ease with the future. I don’t have to know what’s going to happen tomorrow. I can’t know, so why worry about it. Maybe that’s the key to not having all these up and down emotion, just enjoy whatever ride I’m on at the moment. Don’t worry about the next one. Wait, wait just a gosh darned minute...is this living in the moment again? Yes, yes it is. Common theme with me, no?

No comments: