Thursday, March 05, 2009

Ack, I missed my three month posting point lol

Well, Winter has been interesting. Scott got laid off in January. We're doing well, he's looking, I'm looking...but there seem to be no jobs around here at the moment. Fortunately this happened when we got our tax return back and have money to put aside to get through this.

I'm not totally freaking out, which is unlike me. I think it's hunker down time. I think the economy is just going to tank even worse. I always used to joke about my tin foil hat when I'd talk about my thinking that our society was going to make a shift and things were going to, in many ways, revert to the past. Not saying I knew the economy was going to go apeshit, I totally did not. But right now, I'm really glad we have no mortgage, no car payments, no debt...and even glad we never got deep into 401(k)'s and such. We're in a pretty good place.

And yeah, I'm planning my garden this year lol I'm going to go total square foot because that was much easier to care for. I really want to have a good yield to put back this year.

The kids are doing great, healthy and happy. We finally took Mace for his ASD eval and the doctor said she doesn't feel he's on the spectrum. YAY!! But he does have some anxiety issues and a touch of OCD she thinks. We're watching it. Might go soon for a speech and OT eval because he does have issues in those areas, ASD or no.

Lily's doing well also, progressing and getting smarter and happier every day! Gage and Maddie are fab, playing basketball. No one's really been sick this year *knock on wood* lol

Course right now they're fighting lol but normally it's all good.

So, we're looking forward to a wonderful Spring and Summer. Should be interesting all around!

No comments: