Monday, May 26, 2008

Really. This is getting old.

This weekend I was in the vicinity of a 3 week old baby girl...okay, I was holding her and ooohing and ahhhing over her constantly. And I had a couple conversations about my baby love. Of course, it's right near ovulation time again and I'm in BABY FEVAH mode. I suppose I'm going to have to ride this out until menopause. That'll be fun every month. Yeahhhh. So maybe another 10 years or so lol

Though I have been feeling quite perimenopausal these past few months, so who knows. Both my mom and eldest sister started having girl problems in their early 40's and both have had hysterectomies, so I'm assuming here in the next five years things will start winding down. I admit to have hopes of one of them there menopause babies I hear so much about. Actually, back that truck up, I don't really want a baby in my mid forties. That would be much older than I'd feel comfortable with. But I seem to know more than a few women who ended up unexpectedly pregnant during that crazy pre menopausal period when things are all wonky. My preferred timing would be SOON, as in next year, next fall. Next Spring, whatever :) I'm not picky lol

So I'm going to ride out this week...here's hoping I can shut my ovaries up with an offering of chocolate and a re-reading of Harry Potter.

No comments: